Saturday, May 8, 2021

Review: Sugar Dragon by Ellis Leigh

Title: Sugar Dragon
Series: Kinship Cove (Mates & Macarons)
Author: Ellis Leigh
Read copy: eBook (Kindle)
Published: August 8, 2018
Publisher: Kinship Press
ASIN: B07GBBDN5D

The next delectable treat from the Cake-ily Ever After bakery in Kinship Cove will have your mouth watering. This recipe for happily ever after includes one feisty baker with a short attention span and a dragon who’s been hunting her for decades. All of the fated yumminess, none of the guilt.

Try everything once. That was my rule in life, food, and dating. I never missed the opportunity to have a new adventure, play with the right flavor profiles, or spend an evening with the perfect guy. Who needed Mr. Right when there were a thousand Mr. Right Nows running around? So, when a handsome man with heat in his eyes and a little silver in his hair came waltzing into my bakery, I knew I was in trouble.

He’s annoying.

He’s rude.

He’s demanding.

And he just might be the perfect match for me.

Too bad he’s a dragon shifter, and dragons don’t do the whole fated mate thing. But maybe rules—mine and his—were meant to be broken.


My rating:

Ginger Chance, one-third owner of the only bakery in Kinship Cove, is no stranger to men. She's perfected her game early and her approach if flawless and fool-proof. Leave them before they leave you, have fun, there are too many fish in the sea to settle just for one and never engage feelings or emotions...Until the day a silver fox (dragon, actually) with an attitude walks into her bakery.


Not as flirty, fun and sweet as its predecessor. Mostly because I didn't particularly like the heroine. She was too flighty for my taste and it didn't bode well for the romance albeit of the instantaneous, fated mate variety. I just didn't buy it and I felt sorry for Kingston, the noble, ancient beast who was all about consent (chapeau to that!) to be saddled with such a mate.

The most compelling aspect of this story was the promise of the next one, though. I'm looking forward for the quietest, sweetest, most innocent of the Chance sisters to get her man. It's bound to be interesting. Can't wait.



0 comments:

Post a Comment