Sunday, May 9, 2021

Review: Honey Bear by Ellis Leigh

Title: Honey Bear
Series: Kinship Cove (Mates & Macarons)
Author: Ellis Leigh
Read copy: eBook (Kindle)
Published: October 14, 2018
Publisher: Kinship Press
ASIN: B07JFF3LRD

Sometimes the happy in happily ever after is relative. Or related. Sort of. The third slice of sweetness from the Cake-ily Ever After bakery in Kinship Cove will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.

I’m supposed to be the nice sister. The good one. The girl everyone can count on and who rallies the troops whenever one of us needs a little boost. I’m not supposed to be anything other than sweet. I’m not the one secretly pining for a man twice my age. A man who shifts into a bear at whim and runs the whole darn town with a calm sort of confidence never before seen in Kinship Cove. But I do pine. I pine hard.

And when I make bad decisions because of that, I become the sister with a burden bigger than she can carry.

And a secret.

What would you do if you needed money fast? What wouldn’t you do?

I won’t sell my body. So instead, I’ll sell the closest thing I can—to whoever has the right amount of cash.

And I’ll cross my fingers and hope the bear shifter who refuses to see me as anything other than sweet never finds out.


My rating:

Madeleine Chance, the quietest, sweetest of the three sisters, co-owners of the only bakery in Kinship Cove, has been desperately in love with the town's mayor. He's older, a bear shifter, calls her "Maddy" and only has friendly feelings for her. And Madeline has finally gotten the hint. It's time to stop pining...

Jericho had known for years Madeleine was his mate, but she's so much younger than him, he knew her father, everybody would think he's an old creeper and he's in the middle of a dirty election race against a lion shifter. He'd be damned if he put his sweet Madeleine in the cross hairs, but when his bear feels she's pulling away, the man may have no choice but to finally claim her.


Another good little story, just a little more bittersweet and heartbreak-y than the previous two with the conflict seeing insurmountable thanks to the stubborn idiot hero. Why does it take the woman giving up and deciding to finally leave and try to live a life where she won't hurt for the guy to finally pull his head out of his ass?

Oh, well. I liked it though. I liked Madeline, Misty was her snarky self, Jericho, once the bear took over, was more than drool-worthy and the old house, Matilda, was a character in its own right.

Short, hot, cute and bittersweet. A rather unusual flavor combination, but it worked.



0 comments:

Post a Comment