Saturday, May 8, 2021

Review: Candied Wolf by Ellis Leigh

Title: Candied Wolf
Series: Kinship Cove (Mates & Macarons)
Author: Ellis Leigh
Read copy: eBook (Kindle)
Published: May 30, 2018
Publisher: Kinship Press
ASIN: B07DFM71DD

At the Cake-ily Ever After bakery in Kinship Cove, three sisters are about to meet their matches and prove that a man with a little silver in his hair can make one heck of a mate...if the fates allow it.

No more dating shifters—at least, that’s what I promised myself after the last one met his mate while dating me. He wasn’t the first—fate seemed to enjoy smacking me upside the head whenever I dared to cross the species line. So when a handsome wolf shifter with a few extra years of experience comes walking into my bakery, I shouldn’t agree to go on a date with him.

Especially not because he’s only in town for the biggest wedding of the year.

The one where his son is the groom.

The one between my last boyfriend and his fated mate.

Did I say fate liked to smack me upside the head? Try burying me in the rubble of my past mistakes instead. Like father, like son had never been so wrong...or so right.


My rating:

Coco is good for male shifters. Shortly after they start dating her, they find their fated mates. But, even though they break her heart, she keeps being sweet and nice to them. Like catering her latest boyfriend's wedding to his fated mate.

Third time's the charm though. Coco is determined not to date any more shifters. She just ends up hurt...Then a silver fox (though he's wolf) saunters into her bakery and her plan to keep her heart intact goes up the chimney.


This one was short, sweet, cute, hot and fun. A lovely palate cleanser, if you will, seasoned with Ellis Leigh's trademark humor, snark and charm.

I liked the three sisters running the bakery, their relationship and their differences, I liked the "customer service" fox shifter in all her protective, snarky glory and I adored Magnus, the wolf who thought there was no one for him, but finally met his mate.
Sure, he made a blunder of things, because he was being all manly and thought he knew better, but he made up for it in droves. As he should.

Sure, this was an insta-romance, but the fated mate spiel took the edge off, so to speak. Besides, it was adorable. And fun. And hot. And sexy. And cute.



0 comments:

Post a Comment