Saturday, October 9, 2021

Review: Snow Red by Ellis Leigh

Title: Snow Red
Series: Kinship Cove (Books & Baes)
Author: Ellis Leigh
Read copy: eBook (Kindle)
Published: October 5, 2021
Publisher: Kinship Press
ASIN: B09B7TH647

Siamese cat shifters are known to be chatty but I don’t always live up to that stereotype, mostly because talking means telling secrets. That’s not what I should be doing. I may have run away from my own version of the evil queen to hide among the shifters of Kinship Cove, but that doesn’t mean I’m safe quite yet.

Mirror Mirror, on the wall…how can I hide from my past when my fated mate is going to hunt to uncover it all?


My rating:

Arabella Snow has a secret, she's determined to keep hidden forever...Until her new mate appears and Arabella's past rushes in to meet her.


I don't expect much from such stories, but this one was once more quite a let down.

A very flimsy "suspense" subplot that seemed only to serve the purpose of keeping the story beyong a chapter of two and to reveal the hero's animal self. Unnecessary and redundant, which makes the story more so.

There was no true connection between the to MCs except while they were burning the sheet and even that scene was perfunctory at best with no real sparks.

For such a short, tiny book, it sure offered quite a disappointment.



0 comments:

Post a Comment