Monday, May 10, 2021

Review: Espresso Con Eagle by Ellis Leigh

Title: Espresso Con Eagle
Series: Kinship Cove (Cuddles & Coffee)
Author: Ellis Leigh
Read copy: eBook (Kindle)
Published: April 18, 2019
Publisher: Kinship Press
ASIN: B07QZ5MXYW

The spotlight burns brighter in a small town as does the fire between mates…no matter the age difference. Welcome to the Kinship Cove Diner, where a good cup of coffee comes with every fated mating.

I have two great loves of my life—my fox shifting family (no matter how much they drive me crazy) and being on stage. True, my acting credits are relegated to the local community playhouse, but that doesn’t matter. I spend my free time learning lines and rehearsing scenes…that very few people will ever see. Dating, mating, and all that comes with it? Unimportant.

At least until a man with a sharp gaze, a little gray in his hair, and a familiar face comes walking into the diner. He’s handsome, charming, and the fates say all mine.

Except he’s also famous—an actor whose eagle shifter instincts have brought him stardom in the action-movie arena.

The fates aren’t always kind, but giving me someone who lives his life in such a public way might just be too cruel for words. I’ve never really worried about finding a mate, but now that I have him? I don’t want to be without him. And I’ve had enough sharing for one lifetime.


My rating:

Working at the family diner, getting flack by her fox shifter mother and fulfilling her acting dreams at the community theater doesn't give Tilly much time to think about men. Or mates. As far as she's concerned, the right one will come and that will be it...And then he walks into the diner.


Yet another lovely story in the shifter town of Kinship Cove. A May-December romance that could've gone wrong in multiple ways if Tilly hadn't discovered her backbone and decided to use it. Of course, there had to be a smidgen of conflict thrown into the mix, since the romance got off on a rather easy start with no one running away an both of them knowing what was going on and accepting it.
Though it was a shifter conflict about mates and other people around them or touching them, I'm sure it's a conflict many partners of actors experience. So it sort of grounded the story in a certain amount of realism.

I'm glad previous characters are sticking around (with Kingston apparently being the residend day-saver), because those friendships are always nice to read about.

This was fast, cute, sweet, hot and fun.



0 comments:

Post a Comment