Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: Paying Daddy's Debt by Alexa Riley

Title: Paying Daddy's Debt
Author: Alexa Riley

Read copy: eBook (Kindle)
Published: February 8, 2017
Publisher: Alexa Riley
ASIN: B01ND43ABF

When Ash Carpenter imagines a schoolgirl, the image doesn’t match her. She wears long skirts that are sort of frumpy. Her bulky sweaters hide her shape, and her hair is always in a messy bun. Her tennis shoes are clunky and worn, and there are runs in her thick tights. Her dark-framed glasses hide some of her face…but not all of it. Because he’s caught sight of those ice-blue eyes, and they’ve pierced him to his core.

She walks by his office every day, and finally he's had enough. Ash decides he's tired of waiting and it's time to collect what he's owed. She'll come with him, because there's no other choice. She'll pay her daddy's debt any way Ash sees fit.


My rating:

What did I just read?

Insta-what? Because it wasn't love. At least not to me. A guy buys the girl (much younger, I presume) because he decides she was his at first glance (while she was in a school-girl uniform, because she hasn't yet finished high-school), the girl (a virgin) is suddenly overcome with desire for the guy she's never met because he's given her comfort and security and goes for it on the first night. He wears no condom, because he wants her to her pregnant (yet another shackle), while spouting off flowery (empty) phrases about her bringing light into his life.

Jesus! Talk about a big-boy fantasy come to life. Are we sure this is written by a woman (or two)? I'm far from being a feminist, but I must say this offended me a little. Not the language, not the sex scenes, but the story itself (read above). Are women really just a man's plaything, a possession bought with money (literally in this case), a little TLC and a big schlong?
The poor stupid naive girl had no choice in the matter. I wonder how the wonderful, princely Alpha male would react if she dared oppose him? He did carry a baseball bat in his trunk "just in case".

I spent half the pages laughing at the flowery prose and half rolling my eyes at the utter idiocy I was reading. Yes, it was short, but still an utter waste of time.

This is the first story by this author, and also my last. I liked the cover, though.



0 comments:

Post a Comment